Raw cacao butter is completely unprocessed, contains no refined sugars or dairy products and is oozing with beneficial vitamins, minerals, fibre and essential fatty acids. Not only does it boast an intense chocolate aroma and rich, creamy flavour that enhances shakes, smoothies and desserts, it’s also an essential ingredient in home made raw chocolate. And delicious raw chocolate is an extra scrumptious treat that makes a perfect Christmas present for that someone special too.
For a simple bar of pure, unadulterated chocolate you’ll need:
– 1/2 cup of raw organic cacao butter
– 1/2 cup of raw organic coconut oil
– 1/2 cup of raw organic cacao powder
– 1/4 cup of raw organic agave nectar
Or, to get creative with chocolate try adding:
– a handful of dried fruits, such as organic goji berries or dates
– a sprinkling of dried nuts and seeds such as raw almonds or pumpkin seeds
– a pinch of spice such as a chilli pepper for a surprise fiery kick
First grate the cacao butter (so that it melts more easily) into a small, heat proof cup or bowl and add the coconut oil. Place this mixture into a shallow pan containing a small amount of warm (but not boiling) water and stir until smooth. Next add the cacao butter and continue to stir. Now add the agave nectar to sweeten the chocolate and (if desired) your choice of dried fruits, nuts or spices and stir once more. Finally pour the melted chocolate into an ice cube tray and scatter with any remaining dried nuts and fruits or top with raw cacao nibs for an extra indulgent touch. Pop into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes or place into your fridge for around an hour. Once your chocolate is nicely set, remove from the fridge and enjoy!